The decision to close Stoke Studio College - MADE either before or during the day will be made by the Principal and Senior Leadership Team. We will only be closed if one or more of the following conditions apply:
- Insufficient staff (first aid trained and fully qualified) are able to travel in and keep Stoke Studio College - MADE running safely.
- Conditions on site are considered too dangerous for the safety of the students, parents and staff.
- Conditions are considered to be, or are anticipated to later become too hazardous to travel.
If Stoke Studio College - MADE is to close, a decision will be made by 6:45am and the following will apply
- The closure will be reported on Radio Stoke and Signal Radio as early as possible in the morning.
- The closure will be reported on the Local Authority online notification website
- A closure notice will be posted on our website (by 7:15am)
- Signs will be placed outside Stoke Studio College - MADE if possible
If there is a heavy snowfall during the day, we will endeavour to keep the students until the end of the day and ask parent/carers to check the our website or radio stations, to find out if we will be open the following day.
Stoke Studio College - MADE will make all practicable efforts to keep parents informed as to opening during adverse weather conditions as early as possible, as we appreciate that such conditions and uncertainty places considerable difficulties upon parents. However parents are expected to check the website and/or make themselves aware of the radio broadcasts when it is clear that closure is a possibility.
In event of snow, main pathways will be cleared and gritted. Parents, students and visitors should be aware that pathways, even when cleared, do remain dangerous. Break and lunchtimes may be changed due to adverse weather conditions.
We will try to ensure that Stoke Studio College - MADE stays open but the safety of the students and those who accompany them to Stoke Studio College - MADE and that of the staff has to be the priority.